Author Topic: 2017 Myeloma UK AL amyloidosis Infoday  (Read 5599 times)

Miriam Vered

• Administrator
2017 Myeloma UK AL amyloidosis Infoday
« on: June 26, 2017, 06:55:06 pm »
The Infoday will be held on Friday 17 November 2017 at Friends House, 173-177 Euston Road, London NW1 2BJ

Information in the attached poster.

patpinchin

• AL - extensive in skin. mouth + palatal nerves '04
Re: 2017 Myeloma UK AL amyloidosis Infoday
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 05:00:27 pm »
AL Amyloidosis Infoday sponsored in London is on Friday November 17th. 9:00 am - 4:00
Details below.

As always this is a must for anyone who can attend.
There will be lectures from some of the NAC Consultants covering different aspects about AL amyloidosis:
Current treatment strategies. Dr Ashutosh Wechalekar.
Management of complications and side-effects of treatments-what you need to know
Dr Helen Lachmann.

There will be an introductory lecture specifically for newly diagnosed patients by Dr Julian Gillmore.

The programme will include an address from Myeloma UK, a patient experience and group breakout sessions:

Family and Carer perspectives
led by NAC Clinical and Research Nurse, Darren Foard and Ellen Watters of Myeloma UK who leads the free Ask the Nurse Service.

Dr Marianna Fontana - cardiac amyloidosis.

Q/A Ask the Expert.
Professor Philip Hawkins, Dr Ashutosh Wechalekar, Dr Julian Gillmore and Dr Helen Lachmann.

The event will be chaired by Professor of Medicine and NAC Clinical Director Professor Philip Hawkins who will inform attendees about new insights and futher developments at the NAC.

Everyone warmly welcomed.  The Infoday is open to all.

Maybe some of our friends from other countries might like to attend this year? It is always an excellent annual event.
Easily accessible from either Heathrow of Gatwick airports. Should you require overnight accommodation a list of conveniently located hotels is provided with booking confirmation information.

Just a £20 registration fee with refreshments and lunch included. 
Myeloma U.K.will generously record the lectures from the day and upload them onto the Myeloma UK website ASAP afterwards.

Once available I will post a link for everyone in this forum  unable to attend but who would very much like to watch and listen to the lectures from the NAC Drs and Professor Hawkins.

Do attend if you can. A very worthwhile day.  :)
Pat

Carolinelesley

• Reason for joining: Husband has AL amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: May 2017
Re: 2017 Myeloma UK AL amyloidosis Infoday
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 11:32:43 am »
My husband (age 68) has just completed his 3rd cycle of Melphalan, Dexamethazole, Velcade for AL amyloidosis and is too weak to travel or for me to leave him. He was diagnosed whilst we were in our holiday home here in France and we've been assured his treatment is the same wherever. Any help with symptoms - through the chemo or disease - we're a bit in the dark on what's "normal" and just need a little more reassurance from fellow sufferers. This meeting will certainly provide comfort - wish I / we could attend.