Author Topic: TTR Amyloidosis - Patient Webinar (Internet Seminar)  (Read 6065 times)

spudair

• Reason for joining: family member, al amyloid patient
  • Diagnosed: wife diagnosed feb 2013
TTR Amyloidosis - Patient Webinar (Internet Seminar)
« on: August 20, 2015, 07:12:12 pm »
Miriam,

I received this in my email and sent it onto George Turner
George suggested I put a link in the  forum as others may be interested.
Do you think UCL will be ok with adding the link when it's coming from a different support region of the world
Miriam if you think its ok open it up to the forum please ?
I will not be offended if its not appropriate.

TTR Amyloidosis - Patient Webinar

We are hosting a patient webinar on
Thursday, September 10, 2015,
by Giampaolo Merlini, MD.

TTR Amyloidosis - What Every Patient Must Know

12pm - 1pm US Eastern
    11am - 12pm US Central
    10am - 11am US Mountain
    9am - 10am US Pacific
    4pm - 5pm GMT

Go HERE to register

http://online.krm.com/iebms/reg/reg_p1_form.aspx?oc=10&ct=00902758&eventid=22917

This will be a patient-focused webinar for those affected by this type of amyloidosis. New information will be shared regarding symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options. 

Presented by

Giampaolo Merlini received his medical degree and specialized in Hematology and in Laboratory Medicine at the University of Pavia. He was trained by Prof. Jan Waldenström in the study of monoclonal gammopathies. He is Professor of Clinical Biochemistry and the Director of the Center for Research and Treatment of Systemic Amyloidosis, Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Pavia, Italy. He is also the past President of the International Society of Amyloidosis and member of the Scientific Division of the International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. His research focuses on the investigation of the molecular mechanisms of systemic amyloidosis and the development of novel therapies, as well as on the discovery and validation of biomarkers in the management of monoclonal gammopathies.

Dr. Merlini has served as both a member of the Board of Directors and the Scientific Advisory Board of the Amyloidosis Foundation since 2010.
Summary
This will be a patient-focused webinar for those affected by this type of amyloidosis. New information will be shared regarding:

Symptoms
    Diagnosis
    Treatment options

Thank you to Alnylam for sponsoring this educational webinar.

Everything we do is with patients in mind

The Amyloidosis Foundation is a non-profit organization

Supporting patients and families while promoting research,
education and awareness of amyloidosis

www.amyloidosis.org

Miriam Vered

• Administrator
Re: TTR Amyloidosis - Patient Webinar (Internet Seminar)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 11:07:13 am »
Hi Brian,
Thanks for posting this.