Author Topic: What is Amyloidosis....short, easy to understand clip from Myeloma UK  (Read 4876 times)

patpinchin

• AL - extensive in skin. mouth + palatal nerves '04
Well worth watching if you are newly diagnosed and/or find it difficult to understand how amyloid forms and deposits in the body: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bTcWtVpBcgA

Thank-you MUK  :)
Pat

Mark McConway

• Patient - AL Amyloidosis - Diagnosed 2011
  • Reason for joining: AL Amyloidosis Patient (Diagnosed at 47)
  • Diagnosed: March 2011
Re: What is Amyloidosis....short, easy to understand clip from Myeloma UK
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 04:33:05 pm »
I watched this a little earlier and it is really very good.

Joca

• Reason for joining: AL amyloidosis patient: heart, bowel, neuropathy
  • Diagnosed: July 2015
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 01:04:26 pm »
Thanks, Pat, for sharing so much useful information. This does seem a nicely made short presentation although my hearing is so bad I have to go by subtitles.

There is a video presentation of last Friday's "Untangling Amyloidosis" conference in America available online already: http://livestream.com/accounts/10952998/events/4502460/player?width=640&height=360&autoPlay=true&mute=false%22. which people may find interesting.

John

patpinchin

• AL - extensive in skin. mouth + palatal nerves '04
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 06:03:27 pm »
Yes John it is excellent. I forwarded the link to my GP and received a letter thanking me. She said she would forward it to her colleagues because it is such a clear, straightforward and well illustrated clip. If all forum members would do the same and also send the link to family members and friends with a request to share, sufferers could be treated sooner and even lives could be saved! I urge all to do this. My constant refrain is that we sufferers and our families and friends are (in addition to Miriam and her wonderful work), the best people to spread awareness of this cruel disease. 

Great minds....I too have posted the live stream link to the ASH conference in a separate post! I presume you have seen Dr Wechalekar's address to the conference? If not,  see under General Discussions for a separate link.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 05:35:58 pm by patpinchin »
Pat