Author Topic: Fundraising for the ARF because that's what Chris wanted  (Read 4805 times)

patpinchin

• AL - extensive in skin. mouth + palatal nerves '04
Fundraising for the ARF because that's what Chris wanted
« on: November 14, 2016, 07:49:37 pm »
This is the 4th very sad story I have read in the last week about one of our fellow amyloidosis sufferers.

Andy Howarth and Jack Radice have asked me to post information about Jak's fundraising walk along  the Ceredigion Path in Wales. Jak is doing this in memory of his dearest friend  Christina Howarth (Andy's sister) who sadly lost her life to amyloidosis in October this year. Chris  was Jak's' soulmate and very great friend of many years. They shared many wonderful adventures together. Chris was a wonderful lady and much loved by all who knew her. She led an interesting, active and very varied life, with much fun and laughter. She was a truly inspirational teacher and supported  many worthwhile causes. She did not give up or give in easily, but very sadly her body lost its fight to this cruel disease. One of her last wishes was that any money raised in her memory should be for the UCL Amyloidosis Research Fund at the NAC. She knew that only research will beat this disease and that fundraising will help spread much needed awareness. You can read more about what a wonderful lady Chris was on Jak's  justgiving page. See link below. Just one of the many simple but very lovely comments from a donor:
" With every fond memory of a beautiful person".

Remember, it is not necessary to have known Chris or Andy and Jak. It is the CAUSE you will be supporting. The UCL Amyloidosis Fund helps all sufferers because it supports the outstanding research of our Drs and scientists to learn more about the disease and develop new treatments to help all of us.  Remember Professor Sir Mark Pepys' letter of thanks to Wayne at the Window Company? It was published in the recent NAC newsletter 8 and also posted by me in this fundraising thread. Sir Mark explains very clearly how dependant the NAC team is on the Amyloidosis Research Fund.

Please donate here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Christina-Howarth-UCL-Amyloidosis-Research-Fund
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 06:16:47 pm by patpinchin »
Pat

jakradice

• Reason for joining: In memory of dearest friend and love
Re: Fundraising for the ARF because that's what Chris wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:31:46 am »
That's great Pat, thank you for posting. One small thing, it's me Jak doing the coast path walk. Andy is very welcome to join me! I'm not sure he would like all the mud baths though!
We are both fully behind all efforts to raise money for research into treatments and early diagnosis of all forms of amyloidosis.
Best wishes
Jak

patpinchin

• AL - extensive in skin. mouth + palatal nerves '04
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 06:21:34 pm »
Apologies for the mistake Jak. I have modified my post accordingly.

Thank-you so much for raising funds and awareness for amyloidosis research at the NAC. Both great passions of mine. Only research and awareness will beat this disease.

I am sure your challenge will prove cathartic for you.
Pat

jakradice

• Reason for joining: In memory of dearest friend and love
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 04:51:06 pm »
Sorry to be pernickety Pat, but I'm also female! I know, the name is confusing!