Author Topic: Night Sweats  (Read 3894 times)

andyo

• Reason for joining: My mum has AL amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: My mum was suspected of having amyloidosis late in 2014 and was fully diagnosed at the NAC in Feb 2015
Night Sweats
« on: February 27, 2017, 08:25:29 am »
Hello my mum has amyloidosis with abdomen cavity, spleen, heart and ?lung involvement. Do any other sufferers of this terrible disease suffer night sweats? Mum is a patient of the NAC @ the Royal Free London. Mum has had chemo but that had to be cut short due to complications, she is on what the dr's are calling a "chemo holiday" last cycle was in August 2015. They have also ruled out menopause as I understand it. I look forward to any help / advice you can give for cause and treatments if any.

tchilds

• Reason for joining: patient
  • Diagnosed: February 2011
Re: Night Sweats
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 06:12:14 pm »
Hi

I suffer from night sweats but it is definitely a hormonal issue for me.

I was diagnosed at the age of 42 and right at the end of 6 month's chemo, I started to experience terrible night sweats. GP did some blood tests that confirmed chemo had brought on an early menopause. I had no idea that would happen and was started on HRT. I do still suffer from night sweats from time to time but nothing like before and it is dependent on where I am in the HRT cycle.

I don't know how old your mum is but is there any possibility at all that it could be menopausal?

andyo

• Reason for joining: My mum has AL amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: My mum was suspected of having amyloidosis late in 2014 and was fully diagnosed at the NAC in Feb 2015
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 08:43:27 pm »
Hi
The sweats my mum experiences are not only at night, but worse at night? She is on a fluid restriction (1.5ltr) a day and on water tablets.
Mum is 58 doctors say its not menopause and dont know cause.
Anyone else suffer with sweats? Any help / advice greatly appreciated.
Kind regards

Micky

• Reason for joining: Patient - ATTRwt
  • Diagnosed: Aug 2016
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 01:24:01 pm »
Andyo

I have Wild type ATTR and am now at stage 2/3 heart failure. Like your mother I am also on water tablets. I now get night sweats every night which are slowly increasing in intensity. I put it down to the fact that, not withstanding the medication, there is still fluid accumulating around the lungs and abdomen and it is my body's way of trying to reduce the build up.

As for a solution I am afraid I have no ideas.