Author Topic: South West Support Group  (Read 6178 times)

Lynnedixon

• Reason for joining: Patient in remission from AL Amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: June 2015
South West Support Group
« on: May 07, 2017, 08:04:55 pm »
Hello all
I am trying to set up a new South West Amyloidosis Support Group for anyone living in Somerset, Devon and Cornwall.
Flyers have very kindly been sent out by Myeloma UK to all patients on their database that are suffering from Amyloidosis.  Miriam has also very kindly displayed my poster in the reception area at the NAC.
The idea is to see if anyone in the South West is interested in meeting up for a coffee and a chat on an agreed date and location sometime over the coming Summer months.
Three people have already been in contact with me to say that they are interested, but if there is anyone else that would like to, then would you please contact me on 07863 294102 or by email, lynnedixon53@gmail.com
Looking forward to hearing from you, thank you.
Kind regards
Lynne

Micky

• Reason for joining: Patient - ATTRwt
  • Diagnosed: Aug 2016
Re: South West Support Group
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 07:44:37 pm »
I suffer fromm ATTR wild type and stage 2 heart failure. I would be happy to attend such a meeting but I am not sure what we could do for each other.

Regards
Mick

AnnR

• Reason for joining: Recently diagnosed with cardiac amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: April 2017
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 10:09:38 am »
I live in Bath and would be interested in a South West Group

Lynnedixon

• Reason for joining: Patient in remission from AL Amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: June 2015
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 06:23:41 pm »
Hello Ann
Thank you for getting in touch. I have been in email contact with Micky and said that I will be arranging a meeting with a few that are interested in Devon within in the next few months. I appreciate that this would be some distance for you to travel and have suggested that I meet with you both in Bath instead. How would you feel about that?
If you are interested then please let me know.
Obviously if there is anyone else reading this that would be interested in meeting in Bath or for the other meeting in Devon then please contact me either via the forum. Email lynnedixon53@gmail.com or by phone on 07863 294102.
Thanks, kind regards, Lynne

AnnR

• Reason for joining: Recently diagnosed with cardiac amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: April 2017
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 05:02:15 pm »
Looking forward to meeting up on June 29th in Bath. Anyone else interested?