Author Topic: QUITE TIMES  (Read 3637 times)

anna

• Reason for joining: patient
  • Diagnosed: 2 years ago approx
QUITE TIMES
« on: September 06, 2017, 10:56:03 pm »
 I'm off at the week end with a friend in my fold away 1979  trailer caravan we are going to Dawlish where i shall walk the beach and sleep and walk the beach again and sleep. I have a wonderful family but feel a great need to be quite  and for a few days forget about Amyloidosis (well il try to) Im fortunately able to do a lot more then other people can at the moment  . Then off to NAC the following week I really can't wait as I've heard nothing but positive things about them on this forum . I wish you all as well as you can be and will catch up soon. Take care of yourself  Anna

patpinchin

• AL - extensive in skin. mouth + palatal nerves '04
Re: QUITE TIMES
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 10:05:32 am »
Enjoy your quiet time away with your friend Anna in Dawlish.
It's years ago that we visited Dawlish. We lived in North Devon at the time, 1969-71. I remember that stretch of the Devonshire coast as very attractive. Now that the new school year has started in should be much quieter for you.

Yes do try and put amyloidosis on the back burner for a while.
You need to gather your strength to tackle whatever lies ahead for you.

Your NAC experience will be unlike anything else. Of that I am sure. The medical expertise, care, compasion, patience, and understanding all so freely given to individual patients by every member of the NAC team is nothing short of outstanding. It is no surprise that the NAC leads the world in everything related to every type of amyloidosis.

Pleased to know you have wonderful family love and support. That will help very much. 😊
Pat

anna

• Reason for joining: patient
  • Diagnosed: 2 years ago approx
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 05:49:16 pm »
Thank you I had a amazing wet windy cold time camping and loved every minute. I am now at NAC getting on with stuff and as you have all said the staff are amazing and kind will give a update when I return to Bristol

AnnR

• Reason for joining: Recently diagnosed with cardiac amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: April 2017
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 09:08:57 pm »
Glad you had a good time. As you are in the South West I wondered whether you knew that the local support group is meeting next week the 26th 12.30 at the George at Bathampton. Lynne Dixon has organised it and you would be very welcome.