Author Topic: South Wales Support Group  (Read 6368 times)

Lynnedixon

• Reason for joining: Patient in remission from AL Amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: June 2015
South Wales Support Group
« on: March 28, 2017, 10:10:35 pm »
Hello all
Further to my earlier posts, I am very pleased to say that last Friday we held the first South Wales Support Group Meeting.
Eight of us (4 couples) met up at a local pub/restaurant in Cardiff. It went very well, we spent a few hours getting to know each other and exchanging our stories with everyone amazed at how we have all had a different patient journey, from how Amyloidosis had first become apparent to how it has affected us as patients and family members and how it still continues to do so.
We all agreed that it was good to meet up and chat and that we would like to do so on a regular basis.
We are looking to hold the next meeting on Friday 28th April, this is to be confirmed as is the location. I will post these details as soon as possible.
If there is anyone interested in meeting up in a different area other than Cardiff then please let me know, I am more than willing to meet up anywhere in the South Wales area and even across to Bristol and up to Gloucester. I am very aware that it may be extremely difficult for some to travel outside of their local area.
Please email me,  lynnedixon53@gmail.com or phone on 07863 294102, or via the forum if you would prefer.
Posters have now been made to advertise the Support Group, I'm in the process of taking these to a number of hospitals in the South Wales area where staff have very kindly agreed to display them on noticeboards. Hopefully this will encourage people to get in touch. The poster will also be displayed at the NAC (thank you Miriam).
I would like to say a big thank you to those of you that came and made it a success, it was great to meet you all.

Lynne

Lynnedixon

Re: South Wales Support Group
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 09:49:44 pm »
Hello all
I apologise for not posting this earlier.
Our next meeting of the South Wales Support Group is tomorrow, Friday 28th April at 5.30pm at The Pendragon Pub, Excalibur Drive, Thornhill, Cardiff CF14 9BB.
If anyone is interested in joining us then you'd be very welcome. If possible could you give me a quick call on 07863 294102 or via email lynnedixon53@gmail.com to let me know. Failing this, then please just come along as I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem in increasing the numbers at the table.
I'll post next week to let you know how the meeting went and should also hopefully be able give a date of the next meeting.
Kind regards
Lynne

Lynnedixon

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 07:28:09 pm »
Hello all
The South Wales Support Group will be meeting again this Friday evening, 2nd June. These meetings are just a chance for us to get together and have a chat.
We would love to welcome others to our group, whether they be patients, relatives, carers or friends. If anyone is interested then please
get in touch with me via the forum, phone 07863 294102 or email lynnedixon53@gmail.com
The venue is again: The Pendragon Pub/Restaurant, Excalibur Drive, Thornhill, Cardiff CF14 9BB, at 1730.
Thankyou.

SOUTH/WEST WALES
I would also like to say that if anyone is interested in meeting up for a coffee and a chat and live in other parts of South or West Wales then I would be more than happy to arrange a meeting,  I can travel, so this would not be a problem.
Please use my contact details as above.
Regards, Lynne

Lynnedixon

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 07:36:19 pm »
Hello all

The South Wales Support Group will be meeting again this Thursday 27th July. These meetings are just a chance for us to get together and have a chat.
We would love to welcome others to our group, whether they be patients, relatives, carers or friends. If anyone is interested then please
get in touch with me via the forum, phone 07863 294102 or email lynnedixon53@gmail.com
The venue is again: The Pendragon Pub/Restaurant, Excalibur Drive, Thornhill, Cardiff CF14 9BB, at 1730.
Thank you.

Regards, Lynne

Lynnedixon

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 03:33:45 pm »
Amendment

Hello all

There is a change to the meeting in Cardiff which had been arranged for this evening (Thursday 27th),  this has now been moved to tomorrow evening (FRIDAY 28th), the venue and timing remain the same.

Regards
Lynne

Joca

• Reason for joining: AL amyloidosis patient: heart, bowel, neuropathy
  • Diagnosed: July 2015
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 04:48:46 pm »
Thank you Lynne for organising a successful meeting.
John & Mary