Author Topic: COUGHING  (Read 7667 times)

anna

• Reason for joining: patient
  • Diagnosed: 2 years ago approx
COUGHING
« on: September 24, 2017, 06:14:21 pm »
Can anyone help me out please .I am coughing so badly I'm not able to sleep plus it also makes me bring my food back up . Sleeping upright makes no diffrents at all . Also it does not help having a fat tongue with metallic taste going on so when I cough breathing is made hard. Does anyone else suffer from persistent coughing . Thanking you .Not having treatment at the moment

Miriam Vered

• Administrator
Re: COUGHING
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 06:18:24 pm »
Hi Anna
You should see your doctor about this cough so you can be properly examined and treated.

All the best

anna

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 06:24:33 pm »
Thank you Miriam for you fast response was not to sure if other people had the same issues

Miriam Vered

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 06:39:45 pm »
It's possible that other patients with amyloidosis may have similar difficulties when they cough due to having an enlarged tongue. But the cough itself may have a treatable cause such as a chest infection. So you need to see a doctor about it.

AnnR

• Reason for joining: Recently diagnosed with cardiac amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: April 2017
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 09:30:24 pm »
Sorry to hear you are struggling. Bit of a long shot but are you on Ramipril or other angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE inhibitor) as they are well known for causing a cough? If so GP can advise about change of meds. Hope you get some relief soon.

SANDYJ

• Reason for joining: Patient -AL Amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: May 2012
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 10:11:34 am »
I also have a persistent tickly cough which will not go.  I have had it checked and have had chest X rays, but nothing has been found.  I am not currently having any treatment.   

Lmbuzz

• Reason for joining: Al Amyloidosis. Family member
  • Diagnosed: July 2016
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 10:52:59 pm »
Yes, my husband is  also having coughing . His lungs checked out ok. Just a tickle that is  agavating.He is AL Amyloidosis. Not on treatment at present but may have to go back on soon. His lamba numbers are on the rise.  Not sure why the coughing

Stef

• Reason for joining: Family member
  • Diagnosed: He was diagnoses 7/2015
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 01:02:01 am »
My husband had a horrible. Was treated with codiene cough syrup. It was due to the amyloidosis. He had AL . All organs wete involved. He passed two and half years ago.

anna

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 09:22:30 pm »
I was interested to read the responses to COUGHING . I have had tests done Im not on any treatment at the moment had  X-rays tests  nothing seems to ease it My coughing comes for no reason lasts a few months makes me sick very hard to breath cannot sleep at all  then disappears completely for a few months  then off we go again very strange and annoying . I do wonder if its the amyloidosis .

Lorraineallen6114

• Reason for joining: AL amyloidosis/patient
  • Diagnosed: August 2015
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 06:18:03 pm »
I had a cough that was annoying. I would cough sometimes until I threw up. I coughed every day. People would look at me as if i had an contagious disease. I went to a allergist for 3 years getting immunology shots. 3 years. I kept telling the doctors it had to be something else. The shots weren't working. The allegist kept saying it can take many years. I had chest xrays and other test but they all came back normal. I was given cough syrup with codeine but I became addicted. I had my gall bladder removed and the coughing stopped but that's when the pathologist found amyloidosis. Then my liver became enlarged, I had part of it removed and they found amyloid there too. I haven't coughed since. I truly believe amyloid was responsible for my cough

Theryinithou81

• Reason for joining: I'm a patient and i'm having AA amyloidosis. been diagnosed only a few months ago but been suffering from it for years. been taking a few medications to no avail
  • Diagnosed: i was diagnosed on 24th of march this year (2017)
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 05:58:28 pm »
is it posssible that i'm constantly coughing because of a http://www.musclegurus.to/ medication that i'm taking? my doctor put me on it like 4 months ago and around 3 months ago i started coughing and since i'm not stopping. in fact, it seems that it gets worse, not very sure. anyhow, i would really apprecaite your answers exactly as much as I already appreciate the information you posted here. thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 07:03:11 pm by Theryinithou81 »

Miriam Vered

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 06:16:04 pm »
Which medication?

Sengi96

• Reason for joining: I was have AL Amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: April, 2017
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 01:32:06 pm »
I had a bad cough that I could not shake. I happened to go on a low protein diet and avoided or ate less red meat. My constant coughing was reduced and has not returned. Sounds crazy but it worked for me. I am taking Revlimid. I also have lifetime reflux and tied my severe coughing to an increase in reflux. Avoiding red meat and reduced coughing does make sense.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:16:37 pm by Sengi96 »

anna

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2018, 09:56:58 am »
Really weird but since i started the Chemo the coughing has stopped . Maybe its killed it off along side everything else. Anyway no matter what the reason Im happy. I let you know if it comes back a few months after Chemo stops