Author Topic: Lands End to John O'Groats  (Read 696 times)

Rachel Saunders

• Reason for joining: My partner, Gary Griffin was diagnosing with AL Cardiac Amyloidosis in Nov 2019, and is being treated at the NAC London.
  • Diagnosed: November 2019
Lands End to John O'Groats
« on: May 27, 2020, 10:06:07 am »
Hi everyone,

We are new to this, and are still coming to terms with the diagnosis that my partner Gary received in November 2019, he has AL Cardiac Amyloids and Myeloma.  He started treatment immediately and is responding well, everyday we tell ourselves that it does not have to be as big and scary as it all sounds!

As a result, I have now set myself a challenge with all monies raised going straight to the National Amyloidosis Center for on-going research, treatment and support for people and families just like us, going through this diagnosis and treatment.

I am cycling and/or running from Lands End to John O'Groats (1,083 miles) in a year, this equates to around 3.5 marathons each month for a whole year.  Please understand this is a huge challenge for me, I HATE running, but however difficult this is for me, I figure it is NOTHING to what our loved ones are having to go through and battle everyday as a result of this condition.

If you would like to support me, read more about our story, and feel able to donate something, please follow the below link...

www.justgiving.com/fundraising/goteamgary

Together we WILL beat this  :-*