Author Topic: Flyer on market research  (Read 6747 times)

Miriam Vered

• Administrator
Flyer on market research
« on: January 26, 2017, 08:07:44 am »
I've been asked to post the attached flyer.
To avoid any doubt, this is nothing to do with the drugs being developed by the NAC and GSK.
Flyer text:

clare williams research limited
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2a South Street, Uley, Dursley, Glos. GL11 5SS
Tel: 01453 860 260
Mob: 07961 934 100
E-mail: clarewilliams@freeuk.com

Market research with AL amyloidosis patients and carers
I’m an independent researcher with over 20 years’ experience helping pharmaceutical companies develop new products and understand the patient perspective.  I have been asked to work on a programme of research in the UK which focuses on AL amyloidosis.  My client wishes to learn more about the patient journey and experience for people with this condition.  They have a new product in development for this condition. 

Here’s a bit more information about the research and what is required:

• We’re looking to speak with people who are currently being treated for AL amyloidosis, or those who are caring for someone being treated
  • The research will take the form of 75 minute interviews, which I will conduct
  • These can be done in-person in London, Birmingham or Manchester in a market research facility, or alternatively over the telephone so people don’t have to travel
  • Participants will receive £120 for their time and insights
  • For each person who participates via an invite from the NAC, I will make a £30 donation to the NAC

We take people’s privacy very seriously and your response will not be shared with anyone outside the sponsoring company without your written permission.  All discussions will be audio recorded but we only use first names during the interviews and respondents are anonymous in our reporting.  Your responses will be kept entirely confidential, and will be mixed in with those of other patients.  We follow the Code of Standards and Ethics for Survey Research and comply with the Market Research Society Guidelines.

If you interested in taking part in this research, or have any questions about the study, please feel free to contact me — I am the research director for this project in the UK:

Clare Williams
Tel: 01453 860 260
Mob: 07961 934 100
E-mail: clarewilliams@freeuk.com
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:50:37 am by Miriam Vered »

Mark McConway

• Patient - AL Amyloidosis - Diagnosed 2011
  • Reason for joining: AL Amyloidosis Patient (Diagnosed at 47)
  • Diagnosed: March 2011
Re: Flyer on market research
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 04:52:14 pm »
The researcher for this, Clare Williams, made our Scottish Amyloidosis Patient Support Group aware of the research she is doing - and a couple of us have already agreed to do the phone interviews.

From what I understand, Clare is interested to engage with a few more patients who may still be receiving treatment or, indeed, carers of people who are being treated. 

All the details are included in the attachment, previously posted by Clare in this thread.

Certainly worth a read.

Mark

Lynnedixon

• Reason for joining: Patient in remission from AL Amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: June 2015
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 10:04:13 pm »
Hello,
I am new to the forum.
Today I undertook a telephone interview with Clare Williams, all went well, in fact the 75 minutes passed very quickly, probably because I like to talk a lot!!

patpinchin

• AL - extensive in skin. mouth + palatal nerves '04
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 09:39:32 am »
I would have been interested in participating in this but I see it is only for AL patients receiving treatment.

Very interesting that she is in Uley, Glos. a beautiful Cotswold villlage where we lived for 25 very happy years until 96. Our children went to the village primary school in Uley which is in South Street which Clare gives as her address. Small world.  :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 11:12:59 am by patpinchin »
Pat

patpinchin

• AL - extensive in skin. mouth + palatal nerves '04
Re: Flyer on market research for AL amyloidosis. Please respond.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 11:14:55 am »
I have been in touch with Clare Williams, the market researcher who is conducting the survey for AL amyloidosis. Her client is a pharmaceutical company which wants to learn more about the patient experience from an AL amyloidosis suffer or a family member, a partner or carer. The company is developing  a new product for the treatment of AL amyloidosis. Clare was rather disappointed that I am the only person who has responded to the forum post.

THE CITERIA HAS NOW CHANGED.

Clare would like to interview ANYONE  with AL amyloidosis whether they are receiving treatment or not. She would also like to interview family members or other carers of AL amyloidosis  sufferers. It involves a 75 minute telephone interview which will be audiorecorded.
Otherwise the interview can take place in person in Birmingham, Manchester or London. Full details from Claire have been posted by Miriam below. £120.00 will be paid to those interviewed as a renumeration and £30.00 will be donated to the UCL Amyloidosis Research Fund. Alternatively, if you are feeling generous you can ask Clare to donate your £120 renumeration to the UCL Amyloidosis Research Fund.

I shall repost all this information including a copy of the flyer under the General Discussions thread in the hope that more members will read it and respond.
Please do seriously consider taking part in this survey because it is an awareness opportunity. It could
also lead to a new treatment for AL amyloidosis.

Thank-you on behalf of Clare and the UCL Amyloidosis bResearch Fund

Pat