Author Topic: Southern Support group meeting November 2018  (Read 2682 times)

Pat Martin

• Reason for joining: AL Amyloid heart
  • Diagnosed: Dec 15
Southern Support group meeting November 2018
« on: November 28, 2018, 11:31:10 am »
I am pleased to say that the Southern support group meeting in November went well.. Thanks to all who attended and a special thanks to Roger and Sylvia Mills who provided their home as a venue, providing tea and cake for eight of us altogether.
We shared our stories and experiences plus also getting some useful tips and information.
The four ladies had AL and the two gentlemen had ATTR, also two partners attended, they said that they had found the meeting interesting.
Two ladies with AL sent apologies and another gentleman with ATTR was not sure, but is now in contact with the group so would like to attend the next meeting.
At my Cardiac appointment at Frimley park hospital Dr Lydia Sturridge Consultant Cardiologist kindly offered to attend the next meeting with us. We had already discussed trying to find a hospital setting for the next meeting as Roger has some links at his local hospital. So hopefully will bring both together for April/May 2019.  More details to follow in the new year.
If you are interested in coming along to the next meeting please contact me at pattom@hotmail.co.uk or on the forum.
Very Best Wishes.
Pat Martin.