Author Topic: Ceredigion coast path walk  (Read 7286 times)

jakradice

• Reason for joining: In memory of dearest friend and love
Ceredigion coast path walk
« on: February 09, 2016, 07:59:35 am »
Hi
I'm doing this to raise money over Easter. https://www.justgiving.com/Jak-Radice2/
Not quite sure of exact dates as yet but will post up when I have them. There's no public transport in Wales on bank holidays, which has given me some logistical issues!

patpinchin

• AL - extensive in skin. mouth + palatal nerves '04
Re: Ceredigion coast path walk
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 09:56:04 am »
Hi Jak and welcome to our forum,

Very sorry to hear that your friend Chris has this cruel disease and hope she has had to treatment to bring it under control. My very best wishes to your sister.

Great to read about your fundraising walk along the Ceredigion  coastal path to Borth at Easter.
Hope all goes well both with your walk and fundraising efforts.
Thank you for being inspired to raise funds for the UCL Amyloidosis Research Fund.
We sufferers are greatly in your debt as all monies raised support our amazing clinical and research teams at the NAC.

See page 9:
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/amyloidosis/nac/newsletters
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 12:28:25 pm by patpinchin »
Pat

jakradice

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 03:32:24 pm »
Hi
I started the Ceredigion Coast Path last year from Cardigan to Aberaeron. I had to abandon the walk because Chris was so ill that she was the priority. Chris died at the end of October. I have now completed the walk last week in the days following what would have been her 64th birthday.
On her birthday we participated in a sand circle at Mwnt beach, see video here: https://youtu.be/EWsRO13ZqRU
I wrote up my walk on my blog if you are interested, the link to all the entries is here: https://jakstrips.com/category/ceredigion-coast-path/ scroll to the bottom and work your way up.
So far I've raised £568 and plan to continue doing long distance walks to fundraise, at least for now. We also raised another £600 from friends and family around the time Chris died.
All the best
Jak

Miriam Vered

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 06:48:25 pm »
Hi Jak,

I'm so very sorry to hear about Chris. The sand circle video is absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful tribute to her.
On behalf of the NAC, many thanks for the wonderful fundraising.

patpinchin

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 11:45:29 am »
Thank - you Jak for sharing this very moving, memorable, loving and personal tribute to your beloved Chris with us. Anyone affected in any way by amyloidosis cannot fail to be very touched by the film and musical accompaniment. So beautiful. The wonderful sand circle was such an original and inspirational idea. Such clever technicalities involved in the production of your film.

I know how very much the NAC team of Drs and Scientists will appreciate ever penny you have raised in memory of Chris for The UCL Amyloidosis Research Fund (ARF) at the NAC which depends on charitable fundraising to support its world class work. Amyloidosis Research and greater awareness are the only ways to beat this insidious disease. Your walk along the Ceredigion Coast and sand circle will have raised much needed amyloidosis awareness along the way.

I shall share your video and blog with our family friends who know Borth very well indeed. Their family has a holiday home there. Several generations of the family have often enjoyed many happy family holidays in Borth.

May I suggest you repost in the General Discussions thread where your film and blog are more likely to be seen by more NAC forum members. I am sure anyone who watches your film will be as touched as I was. It might attract more donations to your very worthwhile efforts to fundraise in memory of Chris who you sadly lost to amyloidosis last year. Although unfortunately too late for Chris, there are new developments on the horizon which we hope one day will benefit all suffers of this very cruel disease. We must all support the ARF in any way we can.

Thank-you so much.  :)

Warmest wishes and grateful thanks to you for your future walks in aid of the ARF in memory of your beloved Chris.
Pat

jakradice

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 09:09:40 am »
Thanks for your lovely messages. Yes I'll post it in the general section as well. Also to mention that our other fundraising campaign immediately after Chris died raised over £1600. I use EasyFundraising for my online shopping which sends ongoing small amounts through to the ARF.

patpinchin

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 12:04:05 pm »
Hi Jak,

Thank you so much for your tip about Easy Fundraising. I have never heard of that before so will check it out. Anything which raises any amount of money for the ARF in well worth supporting as far as I am concerned. I hope others will be persuaded to follow suit.
Pat