Author Topic: pretty muddy  (Read 4871 times)

hugs

• Reason for joining: AL amyloiodosis
  • Diagnosed: jan 2013
pretty muddy
« on: June 04, 2016, 03:35:58 pm »
Hi today I have completed the pretty muddy run in Leeds, a 5k run with rather fun slides to go down and cargo nets to clear, if any one would like to sponsor me please make a donation to one of the Amyloidosis fundraising events or just giving pages, or on your next visit to the NAC please make a donation thankyou  :), I am going to do everything I can while physically possible to raise money for "us"....lots of love xx

patpinchin

• AL - extensive in skin. mouth + palatal nerves '04
Re: pretty muddy
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 11:08:47 am »
Thank-you so much Hugs.  :)

Well done on "Pretty Muddy" run. Sounds a lot of fun as well as a physical challenge.
Nice idea to invite donations to existing fundraisers.  Easy to find links to those in the Fundraising thread. Will add a contribution.

Have you got an amyloidosis T-shirt to wear at a future event? Helps get the message out there.

Martin Bolton-Smith's t-shirt....... "The race is on.... for amyloidosis" says it all. Photo attached.   :)
Pat

Martin

• Reason for joining: My wife has Amyloidosis AL
  • Diagnosed: Cheryl was diagnosed May 2011.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 11:10:50 am »
Good Luck with your future challenges, please keep us all upto date. It would be great if a few of us could get together and arrange one big challenge together, like the muddy challenge but enter as a team. It could work, just needs a carefull bit of planning and organisation. There are enough people on this site/forum to help out, from people who want to do a challenge, to people who will help organise right down to people who will donate and help raise funds. I know of  a few that spring to mind, me being  one. There is an old say ' Build it and they will come and join' Good Luck. ( I have a cunning plan buzzing around in my head).

hugs

• Reason for joining: AL amyloiodosis
  • Diagnosed: jan 2013
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 06:53:22 am »
Hi, massive thankyou to any one who makes a donation, I will be doing more in future!, I did write Amyloidosis etc on the sticker/poster I displayed on my back, it was really great fun and an achievement for myself etc thanks again and hopefully people will keep donating!!!

patpinchin

• AL - extensive in skin. mouth + palatal nerves '04
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 09:45:30 am »
Great Hugs....stickers, poster, , badges, balloons....anything that says the word AMYLOIDOsIS  helps get the message out there. Fundraising is one of the best ways to spread awareness. Heightened  awareness has the potential to save lives.

Martin is right...."Build it and they will come and join".

As for ideas buzzing around I your head Martin......I have known you a long time...."buzzing with ideas"  is an essential part of who you are  :) :)
Pat