Author Topic: Southern Support group  (Read 5592 times)

Pat Martin

• Reason for joining: AL Amyloid heart
  • Diagnosed: Dec 15
Southern Support group
« on: August 13, 2017, 02:16:40 pm »
Hi to all.

My name is Pat, and I am part of a small group with Kim and Renatta.  We are three amyloidosis patients on the Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire borders around Frimley park hospital. We keep in contact and meet up every few months, we have all found these meetings very uplifting and positive.  If you are located near to us and would like to meet up for coffee and a chat you would be very welcome.  This is the first step towards a more formal group and any input or ideas would be helpful.

My Best Wishes to you.

Pat

millsrc

• Reason for joining: patient
  • Diagnosed: 2014
Re: Southern Support group
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 07:33:00 am »
Pat,
I live in Sunningdale and would be very pleased to join you, Kim and Renatta.  Can you call me on 01344 622855 to exchange details.
Regards
Roger Mills

Pat Martin

• Reason for joining: AL Amyloid heart
  • Diagnosed: Dec 15
Re: Southern Support group
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 04:51:28 pm »
Our first meeting was held at a Garden centre in Sunningdale on Wednesday 11th October.

Six attended.

Kim, Renatta, and I were introduced through Frimley Park hospital, we get together for coffee quite often, It was lovely to meet Roger Mills and Gill Penn. Gill had travelled all the way from Ashtead. Kim's Daughter Wendy also came along with her beautiful baby boy, who slept through the whole two hours.
The time flew by and everyone had a chance to tell a bit of their story, compare treatments and Praise the wonderful work that the NAC Staff do for us and all the Patients they treat.
Roger has kindly offered to hold the next meeting at his house in Sunningdale, if anyone else would like to join us please contact me. This will be after Christmas (Date to be confirmed)

Best wishes

Pat Martin