Author Topic: Financial Information for International Patient  (Read 4138 times)

PaolaB

• Reason for joining: AL amyloidosis patient' daughter
  • Diagnosed: 2006
Financial Information for International Patient
« on: October 22, 2019, 05:27:10 am »
Hello,

My name is Paola. My mom was diagnosed with AL Amyloidosis in 2006. She is currently presenting symptomps that signal a relapse. As a family, we are considering bringing her to the NAC for a valoration and treatment recommendation since our local physician (once again) wonders how to proceed. We are aware it's highly likely we might end up paying all costs out-of-pocket since her insurance would not cover this international visit.

I would like to get a sense of what could be the financial burden in the case where she needs the most exhaustive battery of exams to be evaluated and get a treatment recommendation. She is a patient from the Americas. If there's a particular office I can get in contact to get more information, I would welcome knowing which one would that be.

Kind regards,
Paola

Miriam Vered

• Administrator
Re: Financial Information for International Patient
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 09:51:26 am »
Hello Paola

I'm sorry to hear about your mother's illness. You can ask her doctors to contact the NAC doctors to consult about her case and about whether they advise an NAC evaluation. Their contact details are available  here -
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/amyloidosis/national-amyloidosis-centre

You can contact Mr Ramon Lamarca, the NAC appointments manager for logistical information for international patients - 020 7433 2756 or ramon.lamarca@nhs.net