Author Topic: 10K a day for amyloidosis research  (Read 1645 times)

Miriam Vered

• Administrator
10K a day for amyloidosis research
« on: May 07, 2020, 12:47:05 pm »
I've been asked to post the following on behalf of a dedicated fundraiser called Ione Walker, living in Switzerland:

I will be running 10K every day from the 1st of May until the 31st of May to raise funds for Amyloidosis Research. I'll be documenting my adventures each day as we progress! 

Amyloidosis is a cruel disease and I have watched it chip away at the lives of two people close to me – my uncle and a close family friend. They battle to overcome one hurdle, sometimes enjoy a brief respite and then another hurdle seem to get thrown in their way. Trying to explain this rare disease to others is one of those hurdles – it is complicated in nature, sufferers have different symptoms and it simply doesn’t have the instant recognition of other illnesses.

I hope that in challenging myself I can bring about a little more understanding about Amyloidosis and raise funds for research.

You can donate to the JustGiving page by clicking here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/10kadayftmom?utm_source=Sharethis&utm_medium=fundraising&utm_content=10kadayftmom&utm_campaign=pfp-email&utm_term=fc9d9b78f06a451dbf6136e5789d21a8.

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to Royal Free Charity, so it's the most efficient way to give - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:19:39 pm by Miriam Vered »