Author Topic: Travel Insurance  (Read 10423 times)

Sandra Jane

• Reason for joining: Patient with Cardiac Amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: Feb 2014
Travel Insurance
« on: April 11, 2015, 01:24:53 pm »
Hi.... When I was at NAC in February this year I saw a post on the notice board about travel insurance with a telephone number, but forgot to write it down. Can anybody help with this please? Or can anyone tell me of Insurance companies that will cover Amyloidosis for travel insurance? Many Thanks Sandra 

Peter

• Reason for joining: Patient
  • Diagnosed: March 2013
Re: Travel Insurance
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 09:45:24 pm »
Hi Sandra Jane
I have had a couple of holidays abroad over the last six months and on both occasions I have found insurance via the comparison sites on the Internet. All the companies seem to recognise Amyloidosis and ask the same standard questions in preparing the quotes. I didn't think the quotes were too excessive.
Peter

Helen33

• AL Amyloidosis in kidneys, bones and spleen
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 10:02:33 pm »
I use First World Travel.  They were recommended to me by someone with multiple serious health issues.  Although I have never had to make a claim, I am very satisfied at their very reasonable prices.  My friend has had to make claims several times and had no hassle from this Insurance Company.

Best wishes
Living life with Amyloidosis

Sandra Jane

• Reason for joining: Patient with Cardiac Amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: Feb 2014
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 10:33:21 am »
Thank you Peter and Helen.... I used  World First Travel Insurance and it was very reasonable  :)

duncang54

• Reason for joining: I am a 52 year old Man with localised amyloidosis in trachea, main bronchus and lung
  • Diagnosed: Derriford Hopspital Plymouth and Royal Free London
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 08:27:42 am »
Hi, I have used fish disability insurance several times. I have never fortunately never had to make a claim but quotes have been very reasonable.
https://www.fishinsurance.co.uk/
Duncan