Author Topic: 1 DOWN ?????? to GO  (Read 2913 times)

anna

• Reason for joining: patient
  • Diagnosed: 2 years ago approx
1 DOWN ?????? to GO
« on: December 04, 2017, 05:23:18 pm »
I had my first Chemotherapy in hospital last Wednesday I should have been in hospital for 24 hours but had to stay in till Saturday as my heart kept beating slowly .I have AL amyloidosis plus AF . I have to say it has made me really unwell and today is the first day Ive felt a little better WOW . I will be going into hospital to stay again this Wednesday hopefully I will not have to stay more then 24 hours  this time . The great thing about all this is that I am being looked after well and the staff in the hospital where great. I was a bit of a novel as none of them seemed to know about amyloidosis some times this can be a bit hard but i don't mind explaining .My biggest problem is I cannot go to the toilet so this is making me feel sick so any ideas would be great  and help with not being so ill next time . Thank you

AnnR

• Reason for joining: Recently diagnosed with cardiac amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: April 2017
Re: 1 DOWN ?????? to GO
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 09:38:26 pm »
Hi
Sorry you had a bad time but hopefully next time will be better. Best to speak to your Macmillan nurse if you have one about relief of side effects as they are very helpful and supportive. Hope the chemo is not too challenging for you.