Author Topic: Feet problems  (Read 2160 times)

NIGELJOH

• Reason for joining: Patient
  • Diagnosed: 2012
Feet problems
« on: February 09, 2022, 04:31:08 pm »
Hi, does anyone have feet,Achilles or calf problems.I’ve had problems since first chemo 7 years ago .what problems have you got ?

Richardpreston

• Reason for joining: Patient, AL amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: 2010
Re: Feet problems
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 12:00:44 pm »
Peripheral neuropathy and swelling.  If you have this take care of it early!

NIGELJOH

• Reason for joining: Patient
  • Diagnosed: 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 02:48:54 pm »
Hi Richard thanks for the reply .what type of swelling have you had ,and was it during your treatment ?water retention or bone and muscle problems?

Richardpreston

• Reason for joining: Patient, AL amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: 2010
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 09:35:33 pm »
This is a bit of a tricky one.  Amyloidosis affects everyone differently and I am a bit reluctant to say too much about me because it may be different for you. I was diagnosed in 2010.  I cant remember exactly when the swelling in my legs started but it was fairly soon in my treatment.  The main issue has been fluid retention but I have a variety of other issues -fortunately no kidney problems.  I now have permanent damage to skin above the ankles.  Loads more I could say but I dont like typing - happy to talk if that would be any help.  Richard

lynntomlin

• Reason for joining: I have AL Amyloidosis
  • Diagnosed: Jan 2019
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 05:34:08 pm »
I have problems with my feet, ankles and calves and they are worse when not moving for a while. For example when I first get out of bed they feel like they are frozen and have no flexibility and I look very funny hobbling to the bathroom, they get better the more I move them. My ankles also swell when I've been sat at my desk for too long. Frequent movement is my recommendation, if you're able.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 05:36:03 pm by lynntomlin »